Thursday, March 17, 2011

Homestead Oak is Going Green Irene!

In honor of St. Patrick's Day Homestead Oak is going
Green Irene!



Hello!  My name is Julie McClymonds, and I am the Local Eco-consultant for Meadville and surrounding areas.   Denise Peters of Homestead asked me to come on the blog to talk about Going Green in your home.   I am very excited to be here!

 Many of you are investing in your homes, and selecting your options for your dream home.  And wow are there a lot of options!    When you go to the paint store thinking; okay I’m going to get a gallon of white paint.   You quickly realize that there is no such thing as a gallon of white paint, and  you end up coming home with BeachFoam white with an eggshell finish.   That was paint for just one room!

I know that feeling happens with every decision we make in our homes and it can be overwhelming, but important.  As you have been looking and shopping around for your best options I bet you have seen another option; the word green,  eco-friendly, energy star.    What is with it? Is that for me? Will it really save me money?  Just another option to think about.

As I started in explore the  Environmental Movement and making choices for our own home in Meadville,  I found that just the smallest changes can make a big difference.   It can really make a big impact on your home environment, your wallet, and the planet.   It’s going back to the basics and making things smarter, easier and healthier.   I have made it my passion to share it with others.  When you are building your dream home that is what you want.   It’s your future.  And going green is about our future.

Many feel that going green is a life style change....donate everything, pile into a Hybrid and eat granola.  Which for some, that may be their shade of green but not for most.  I want to help you find your shade of green by showing you eco-friendly options, what is best for you and what will help you get the most out of your home and investment.   I will share products, information and support you so that we all can make a better future for all.    Thank you and I look forward to meeting you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment